“The impact that our external reality has on our psyche and way of interpreting the world is very strong. This manifests itself even more when we find ourselves in critical moments. In these moments, it is typical to have difficulties connecting with our essence, which always provides all the answers. The same happens with menopause, so here are some tips for returning to yourselves at this crucial moment in our lives.”
The generalized idea regarding menopause is that it marks the decline of our life. There is a strong tendency to exalt youth and all that it brings: excessive energy, strength to be in constant movement, interest in knowing and relating to everything without being too selective, slim bodies, soft skin, capacity for self-control and endurance, skills to connect with the outside and act from models or schemas that are often not one’s own… in fact, a lot of characteristics and typical situations of the “coagulation” phase (as we call it in Alchemy). Besides, this phase obviously has a very large light side, which somehow justifies its dark part. Still, the balance leans towards this type of energy, due to the inability that we have developed, as human being,s to detach ourselves, to release and to live in freedom.
From this scenario, an invisible voice demands that we stay young even though the natural rhythm makes it clear that we are entering the second half of life, a “dissolving” stage, according to Alchemy. This voice brings us to a state of confusion because the crazy lives that we have lived rarely allowed us to prepare for the arrival of this moment. What often remains in this situation is to deny what is happening and even unconsciously want to cling to what is being left behind, instead of, as we did in the first stage of life, put the point of attention on the LUMINOUS phase of menopause, beginning of the “solve” phase in a woman’s life.
Now I am 50 years old, it is very clear to me that menopause is a golden door towards an autumn of freedom that allows everything. To do this, we have to use some tools and “rules of life” that take us away from feeling useless, or that there is nothing more to do than accept the inevitable.
Hermeticism and alchemy are not unattainable spiritual postulates. This paradigm, in my case, the way in which I live even the most everyday details, offers a series of tools and proposals that are very easy to carry into everyday life and thus find peace in all areas of life. We can recover from the great philosophical principles small and simple actions that, taken into our daily life, allow us to find the joy of being in any of the three moments of menopause, connecting with its luminous part. I will give you some of these actions, and I invite you to carry out at least one a day, to realize for yourself the incredible amount of light that this golden door can bring into your life.
- Choose what you think. You are the only owner of your thoughts. You have millions of them to choose the one that fills you the most, the one that makes you happy, the one that brings you peace.
- Little by little, slowly, acknowledge, accept, and, if necessary, forgive everything that you have experienced up to now. The feminine energy brings you this unconditionality towards yourself. Ask the Goddess for her light to accompany you in this purification process (the key moment of any alchemical operation).
- Imagine, like a game, what you would most like to do or be at this moment, list the things or conditions that would have to exist for this to be real.
- Also, like a game, perform without pressure, without fear, without haste, the things that you listed in the previous point. Start with the easiest ones and along the way, reformulate those that are unviable, without ever losing the objective. The feminine mercurial force will give you creativity, adaptability and flexibility to shape the way.
- Surround yourself with people, things and situations that give you joy. It is very easy to find them. They are those that give you peace, that evoke an unexpected smile in you.
- Be aware that the outer or inner voice that judges you has no reason to do so. You are not guilty of anything. You have always done what you could with what you have had. And all you can do is learn and make peace, even with that murmur that takes away your peace of mind.
I guarantee that doing all the previous steps will lessen all the physical symptoms that are happening to us. But if not, it will give you at least a completely new vision about them. You will know you can choose to care for them, not just to suffer them. And as a virtuous circle you will find the series of things that your body is asking to adapt in this moment of change. For example, do you have hot flashes? Wear light clothing. Are you depressed? Pamper yourself, indulge yourself. Do you feel lonely? Choose the company of your favorite people.
Thus, my friend, we will achieve a world full of freedom and joy as mature women, a world that comes from becoming masters of the wisdom that the years have given them. Huge hugs for everyone.
Alchemy. Menopause. Mental Wellbeing.